MS(Ortho), MCh(Ortho), MRCS Edinburgh, Fellow’ Arthroplasty
Sr. Consultant and Associate Professor – Division of Joint Replacements and Sports Medicine
Expert in Complex primary & Revision Joint Replacements
Arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgeries for joint injuries including Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Elbow and ankle
- MRCS Edinburgh
- MBBS (graduation)
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty
- Advanced Fellowship in Revision Joint Replacements – Belgium
Dr Sujit Jos is a Consultant of Orthopaedics in the division of Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine with more than 10 years experience in the field. He has had trainings from the best Orthopedic centers in Europe, Far East and India. Rated among the top Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine surgeons of Kerala he has a track record of thousands of successful joint replacement and Arthroscopic surgeries in patients from India and abroad using the latest technology including Computer Navigation and Patient Specific Instrumentation for Joint replacement surgeries.
He did his graduation from the Government medical college Trivandrum, and post graduation from LLRM Govt medical College in North India, followed by MRCS Ed. from the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and Fellowship in Joint Replacements from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad which was one of the largest Joint replacement centres in India. Dr Jos has undergone trainings from various Orthopaedic centres around the world including Belgium, the Knee centre in Leuven, Gwangju, S.Korea, Cadaveric Joint replacement lab, Chiangmai, Thailand & Arthroscopy skills centre, York, Prince Charles & Holy Spirit Hospital Brisbane. Dr Jos is trained in minimally invasive, navigated (computer based) and Robotic assisted joint replacements. He is skilled in arthroscopic complex shoulder surgeries incuding Rotator cuff repairs, Instability surgeries for recurrent dislocation of the shoulder joint, arthroscopic ligament reconstruction and meniscus surgeries in the knee joint, and keyhole correction of complex wrist pathologies. Dr Jos is skilled with preservation of the meniscus doing repairs saving the meniscus and does cartilage transplant surgeries. He was one of the first few surgeons in India to use the advanced Knee replacement system Triathlon which is a highly conforming single radius design made for the younger higher demand arthritic knee.
He is an active member of several professional bodies and has participated in various national and international meets. He has been part of the executive committee of Kerala Orthopaedic association for many years and has been part of organizing many national events in Kerala. He is actively involved in organizing the National Orthopaedic conference at Kochi and the organizer for Shoulder Arthroscopy workshop during that event. He has been faculty in many national and international events including Cadaveric workshops and surgeons training of AO International, and has been guest speaker in various National and International events.
PVS Memorial Hospital, Kaloor, Near Bus stand, Ernakulam, Kerala, India – 682 017. Ph – +91-484-2345451, +91-484-418288 (ext 4037), 9656102001 (advance booking)
9497559755 (Doctor’s mobile. Please call in the morning 7-8am or afternoon 2-4pm. Even if your call is not picked up immediately, you will get a call back soon).
Centre for Advanced Joint Reconstruction surgeries including Complicated Primary and Revision Joint Replacements and Arthroscopies (Key-hole Joint surgeries).
State of the Art Ultra sterile Operating rooms dedicated to Joint Replacements to ensure utmost sterility and best results.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Awarded with Gold Medal for the Best Performance in Theory and Practical Examinations for MS Orthopaedics Degree Examination, L.L.R.M. Medical College (Chaudhary Charan Singh University), Meerut, India, for the year 2005-’06.
- Best out-going Student Award, Christ Nagar English Medium School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India for the year 1990-’91.
- Winner in the Quiz competition at 29th Annual conference of Kerala Orthopaedic Association,
- Executive Committee member of Kerala Orthopaedic Association– IT Secretary (Information technology) – Elected to Office from Jan 2010 to 2012 ; Webmaster for KOACON 2011, State Conference.
- Executive Committee member of Cochin Orthopaedic Society – Webmaster– Elected to Office from June 2009.
- Honorable Judge at the PK Surendran Memorial Gold medal paper presentation at the Kerala Orthopaedic Association annual conference KOACON 2010 .
- Executive Committee member – Website in-charge and web-designer -of OASIS (Orthopaedic Association of the South Indian States) and OASISCON 8th Kerala and OASISCON 10th Annual conference, Sept 2009, Kochi, Annual Conference, Sept 2011, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Instructor at AO foundation, Switzerland, Principles of Operative fracture management for Orthopaedic Surgeons and Operating Room personnel, Kochi, July 2011
- Instructor at CAPE (Centre for Academic and Practical Excellence) under Kerala Orthopaedic Association Basic Hip Arthroplasty CME and Bioskill training 4th Annual conference of Kerala Orthopaedic Association
- Faculty at ISHKS (Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons) annual conference 2016, Chennai; Faculty at NZOACON 2016 – Conference of the North Zone Orthopaedic Association; Faculty at OASISCON 2015 – Conference of the Orthopedic Association of the South Indian States
- Advanced Fellowship in Joint replacements – ZNA Middelheim, Antwerp, Belgium with renowned surgeons Dr Karl Brabants and Dr Peter Mertens.
- Robotic unicondylar knee replacement training, Brisbane, Australia.
- Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy training, York, United Kingdom.
- Fellowship in Joint Replacements – with the renowned Joint replacement surgeon Dr AV Gurava Reddy at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- AO Advances in Operative Fracture Management Certification – from AO foundation, Switzerland – conducted at New Delhi, India.
- AO Principles in Operative Fracture Management Certification – from AO foundation, Switzerland – conducted at Cochin, India
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) Certification – Conducted by American Heart Association at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification – Conducted by American Heart Association at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Indian Arthroscopy Society (IAS)
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of India (SESI)
- Arthroscopy Society of Kerala (ASK)- Founder member
- Cochin Orthopaedic Society (COS) – Presently IT Secretary
- Kerala Orthopaedic Association (KOA) – Executive committe member (IT Secretary form 2011-2013)
- American academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) – International Affiliate Member
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Research work and presentations:
- Periprosthetic fractures after Hip replacement & interesting Case presentation on Knee- Invited Faculty lecture at ISHKS 2016, Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons annual conference,Chennai, 8-10 April 2016
- Recent advances in periprosthetic fracture in Total Hip and Total knee replacements – Invited Faculty lecture at NZOACON 2016 – Conference of the North Zone Orthopaedic Association, 20 th February 2016
- Planning and Correction of Intra and Extra-Articular Deformities in TKR – Faculty lecture at Elite Arthroplasty Congress 2016, JW Marriott , 14 th November 2015
- Recent advances in Periprosthetic fractures in THR and TKR- Faculty lecture at OASISCON 2015 –Conference of the Orthopedic Association of the South Indian States, Kodaikanal , 21 to 23 August 2015
- Managing Post-operative Complications after THA – Faculty lecture at Vydehi Institute Bengaluru, 25th July 2015 Tips and Tricks in Primary THR, Faculty lecture in CME of Kerala Orthopaedic Association, Thiruvananthapuram, 31 May 2015
- Minimum Cut, Faster Recovery- How I do it! – Minimally Invasive Subvastus Total Knee Replacement – Faculty lecture at Knee Replacement workshop, MIMS Hospital, Kozhikode, in association with KOACON 2015 (Kerala Orthopaedic Association State Annual Conference), 22 nd -25 th January, 2015
- Mechanical Alignment after Total Knee Replacement Surgery– Varus or Valgus,Facultylecture at Amritha Knee Arthroplasty Update 2015, 18 th January 2015
- Rotating Platform knees–Faculty lecture at 9 th International Symposium on Current Concepts in Arthroscopic Surgery and Arthroplasty of the Knee and Shoulder – ISKSAA (International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons in Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy), N. Delhi, Sept 2014
- Pain after TKR – Faculty Lecture at Revision TKR – Additional CME of Kerala Orthopaedic Association, Aster Medicity, Kochi, 23 rd August 2014.
- Bone and Joint infections in Children –Faculty lectureat IDCON Kerala 2014, Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP) Kerala Infectious diseases chapter, Aluva, 31 st August 2014
- An Unusual presentation of Adamantinoma- Tibia, a Case report Publication in Journal of Bone and Joint Diseases, Vol 20. Dec 2005
- Post osteomyelitis total tibial loss- successful two stage lengthening with Ilizarov frame and huntington procedure- Poster presentation at ASAMI, Kyoto, Japan, 10 th Oct 2006
- A Clinico-radiological study of the management of common bony injuries around the elbow joint in children- Research work submitted to ChaudharyCharan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, Jan 2006.
- Recent trends in the management of Osteoarthritis – Faculty lecture at 15 th Annual State conference of IMA AMS – Indian Medical Association – Academy of Medical Specialities (Samanwayam – 2008), 28 th Sept 2008.
- Arthroscopic treatment of synovial chondromatosis – Paper presentation, Rekool Mania – Columbo, Srilanka, June 2011
- Osteolysis after Total knee replacement – Paper presentation at Rekool Mania – Mauritius, June 2012
- Joint Replacements- The present scenario – Faculty lecture at State CME program at SreeNarayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Chalakka, N. Kuthiyathodu, Ernakulam, 13 th Sept 2009.
- Common Orthopaedic Problems in Children – Faculty lecture at the Indian Association of Paediatrics Madhya Kerala CME-12th Nov 2009
- Total Knee replacements, Current concepts – Faculty lecture at Indian Medical Association CME, Kodungallur – 1 st Sept 2010
- Basic Knee Arthroscopy workshop – Faculty instructor at OASISCON 2009 workshop, Lourdes Hospital, Ernakulam.Sept13th 2009
- Total Knee Arthroplasty for fixed valgus deformity through lateral parapatellar approach– Paper presentation at Annual Conference of Kerala Orthopaedic Association, KOACON, Kannur, 22 nd Jan 2007.
- High energy Tibial Plateau fractures – A Comparative Study of Minimally Invasive PercutaneousOsteosynthesis and Ilizarov Ring Fixator, a Paper presentation at 51 st National conference of the Indian Orthopaedic Association, IOACON, New Delhi, 11 th Nov 2006.
- Arthroscopic removal of Bullet from the knee – Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet
- Intramedullary broken nail – Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet, April 2007
- Bilateral CoxaVara– Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society
- An interesting case of Intercondylar fracture of the elbow in an Alcoholic – Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet
- Ellis Van Crevald Syndrome – Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet