Spinal Stabilization Exercises Level II (MORE ADVANCED)
Lie on your back
1. Double leg raising – double leg straight Slowly lift leg straight up about 90º and hold 5 to 10 seconds. Repeat 10 – 25 times.
2. Curl up and curl down – Lie on back and bend your knee up to 60º. First lift the head off the mat and progress until the scapulae and thorax clear the mat. Hold 10 seconds and lowers the trunk Repeat 10- 25 times.
3. One leg bridging – One knee bend about 60º, one leg fully straight and lift your back straight and hold 5 to 10 seconds. Repeat 10 – 25 times.
4. Double leg knee to chest – Lie on your back hold thigh behind knee and bring double knee up to chest. Hold 5 to 10 seconds then relax. Repeat 10 – 25 times.
5. Air bike – lying on your back and lift your both legs and alternate bend knee and hip.
6. Oblique workout -Raise one arm and lift the knee on that same side. Keep your arm straight. Gently push your knee against your hand and your hand against your knee. Hold, then relax and repeat 10- 25 times.
7. Dead bug – While lying on your back, raise one arm over your head and bend the opposite knee to 90 degrees. Brace your core muscles. Without swaying your back, raise the straight leg up off the floor approximately 12 inches and hold. Hold 10 seconds, repeat 10 – 25 times; then repeat for opposite side
To see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5xbsA71v1A
Lie on abdomen
8. Double leg raise – lift both lower limbs straight slowly about 10º, lift chest and hold 5 to 10 seconds. Repeat 10 – 25 times.
9. Quadruped exercises – Standing on hand and knee. Lift one leg and opposite arm, hold for 10 seconds, after that do the same for the other leg and hands. Repeat 10- 25 times.
10. Push up – lie on abdomen and slowly raise your head, neck, chest, abdomen and knee. Progress to this by stand on hand and toes.
Click on the links below to Download Exercise charts